Here’s my take on the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreshadow. This was not an easy challenge, and each picture requires a little explanation in order to understand the foreshadowing within the image. I hope they aren’t too ambiguous…
1. This was the first truly warm day a couple of springs ago. Often we have a false beginning to our warm weather. It foreshadows what is yet to come, but there is often some rainy weather in between.
2. Not long before we moved from Vancouver to Pender Island, this magnificent tall ship spent some time just down the road from us. I remember taking this picture and being just a little envious of the kayaker who was leisurely paddling around the ship, not knowing that one day kayaking would become a big part of my life.
3. This slightly dramatized shot was indeed foreshadowing a rather nasty winter storm.
4. This airplane shaped cloud appeared in the skies over Maui a few short days before our holiday was to come to an end. The foreshadowing was even more significant because I was just thinking about the dreaded flight home.
5. If anything foreshadows Charlie’s life, this is it. Before he had even learned to swim he loved to be in the water. And now, there are very few days, summer or winter, when this plucky little dog doesn’t dive into that cold North Pacific water.